Two High- Generally used for hot or cold breakdown and finishing of bar, sheet or strip. A wide range of sizes with separating force capacities from 10,000 lbs to over 3,000,000 lbs are available.
Three High- A desirable type of mill for rod and ingot breakdown when an economic solution is essential.
Four High- For finish rolling of extremely thin gage stock and heavy reductions on nominally thin gage material and precision tolerances.
Six High roll inserts are also available for narrow width ribbon and foil products.
Combination- A versatile “two-in-one” type that permits both two-high and four-high rolling in a single mill. Tandem- For multiple pass rolling combining two or more mill stands, often used with Turks Heads, Edgers, Dancers, Inter-Stand Tensiometers, Payoff and Take-up Equipment.
Laboratory- Specially engineered to meet the critical and versatile requirements of metallurgists and scientists in the research and university fields as well as pilot line development.
Horizontal- Designed for the field of powdered metallurgy.
Special- For those clients who have new or unique rolling applications, Our experts are happy to develop customized solutions.
Accessories- A complete offering of material handling, processing, gauging and labor saving accessories are available for all our Rolling Mills.
Mills have been produced in a variety of sizes:
• Minimum Size: 3” diameter rolling mills for various research facilities and universities
• Maximum Size: 30” diameter rolling mills for large strip
Typical features available on our mills: • Automatic gauge control on coil to coil applications
• Data acquisition system
• Automatic pass scheduling
• Asymmetric rolling
• Motorized conveyer tables
• Built in roll change rig
• Drive shaft support system
• Interlock safety guarding
Roll adjustment options include:
• Medical- Catheter band assemblies, hypodermic needles, optical instruments, dental water picks
• Aerospace- Wire rope flight control cable assemblies, control rods, fluid transfer tubing
• Renewable Energy- Superconducting material, zirconium rod, and cartridge heaters for nuclear energy
• Automotive- Drive shafts, half shaft/ axles, emergency brake cables assemblies, steering components
• Military- Anti-tank rocket tips, gun barrels, MS-spec fittings swaged onto cable
• Materials Research- Development related to improving grain structure and finish in laboratories and universities